Sunday, April 14, 2013

Turkey Hunting

Hi!! 
So, this week me and my dad and 3 of my sisters went Turkey Hunting!!  It was a lot of fun.....even though we didn't get anything :/.  But at least we all saw and heard some even if we didn't get any!! :)  Every year at this time we go down to Mauston, WI.  The land down there has lots of big hills, bluffs and cliffs, so we usually have to climb for awhile before we get to the place we are going to sit for the day.  One of the things I don't really like about hunting is having to get up early :/......I am NOT an Early Bird!!!!  We got up at 4 in the morning every day.  But, it wasn't as bad as last year....that was 3:30am! :)  Anyway, this was our 15th year!!!  Obviously I haven't been going every year, seeing as I'm only 13. :)  This was my 3rd year.  It was also my sister Shannon's first year to come :), she didn't actually hunt, but she sat with my dad and watched.  We left on Tuesday, went scouting that evening and hunted Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and came home Friday night.  So, all in all it was a fun week :).  Later!
Lauren

3 comments: